Castle Wheelers cycle club, Highcliffe & Cycling UK Club 90153151 AGM 25/03/20. (Due to the Coronavirus emergency, the AGM was held by e-mail, so the following precise is substituted for ‘Minutes’)
Chairman’s report David Avery:-
- This is our 3rd. AGM, and we have a thriving club, in both riding and social activities. The current circumstances have meant the postponement or cancellation of planned activities.
- We need to remember our ride-etiquette and carry appropriate spares in case of breakdown.
- We have an excellent new website (www.castlewheelers.uk) which will be our main contact with members.
- Many good rides and events in ’19, thanks to all, including the CK staff for an excellent Christmas Lunch.
Treasure’s report – John Boulcott:-
- We started the year with minus £12.80, ended with +£3.08 with nothing outstanding, and cost of website included, so at least we’re solvent!
- There will be a sizeable income from the postponed Rock&Roll Evening, 60 guests all pre-paid, so the ’20 subscription will remain at £10.
- Club Constitution updated accordingly.
IT & Membership Sec. report – Louise Abrahams:-
- The membership ‘cap’ remains at 40.
- The new website was launched in Nov.’19, and will be continuously expanded to meet our needs.
- We are now using local social media for advertising and raising our profile.
- A ‘Members satisfaction survey’ was sent to all members for feedback on what
we do and how we do it. I will collate the results and present to the Committee for comment and action.
Club Sec. report – Mel. Pike:-
- All planned rides are cancelled until further notice due to the National Emergency, as per CUK advice.
- The Rock & Roll evening is postponed for later in the year, all records and income held over.
- The 2-day Isle-of-Wight ride on May 20th. Remains in place for now, but might alter.
- I am looking into the proposed ‘Leaders rota’ and will report a.s.a.p.
- I will confer with our ‘IT-gal’ about tuition on bike tech-stuff.
- The 4 current officers are prepared to stand for re-election, so other candidates must apply to me before the end of March, or the existing officers will be deemed to have been elected.
- The committee asks for a volunteer to join it as a Members Rep. Please let me know if you are willing to stand for election.