This is the Constitution of Castle Wheelers cycle club Highcliffe
1. The purpose of the club is to promote cycling in and around Highcliffe and further afield as may be arranged through the committee.
2. The club will be administered by a committee consisting of The Chairman, Secretary for rides & admin., Membership Secretary, Treasurer and appointed club representative.
3. Other roles performed by the committee will include deputy treasurer, website administrator, publicity, welfare, safety and communication with the Highcliffe Health Ride scheme at the Castle.
4. Membership of the club shall be determined by a membership target set at the AGM, competence, road craft, health and interest.
5. Members shall pay an annual subscription as determined at the AGM. Membership may be refused or revoked for conduct likely to bring the club into disrepute. Appeal against refusal or removal may be made to an appointed panel consisting of club members, however the committee’s decision on such matters will be final.
6. Guests may join a club ride by invitation. A guest may take part in a ride free of charge a maximum of 3 times. Further rides will require membership of the club.
7. The committee will hold quarterly meetings or as circumstances may dictate.
8. The committee will hold an Annual General Meeting every March which will be open to all members.
9. All members may submit a motion to AGM in writing at least 21 days in advance.
10. At the AGM a new committee will be elected, any member may stand for election.
11. Committee members may perform more than one role, with the exception of Chair and Treasurer.
12. All paid-up members may vote at any General Meeting. In the event of a tie, the chair has the casting vote. Members must attend in person, no proxy voting.
13. The quorum for all General Meetings is 8 members or 20% of total membership, whichever is greater.
14. Special General Meetings may be held by written request, at least 21 days in advance.
15. The Treasurer shall prepare an annual financial statement each year, approved by the deputy Treasurer, and send same to all members at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting for acceptance by vote at the AGM.
16. The club’s property and funds cannot be used for the private benefit of members.
17. The committee may wind up the club if deemed appropriate due to lack of members or funds. Upon dissolution, all assets will be divided among members or donated to charity as the committee may decide.
Constitution adopted at a meeting held at :- on:-